COVID-19 Prepaid Airline, Accomodation & Tour Refunds, Rebookings

Jetstat are doing the same thing by giving out Vouchers that will probably expire before one can use them. My son paid nearly $600 to fly last July when he was going to visit me by shouting me a trip to Cairns for my significant birthday. H could not fly into Australia at that time because of Covid. It is Jetstars general rule not to give refunds under certain tickets. However when Covid hit it became a special rule that Company’s rules should not apply to under these circumstances. No one knows when international flights will resume again and they did extend the expiry date of his Voucher. but not long enough to cover international flight restrictions. I wrote to Jetstar an Fair Trading but apparently they cannot do anything about it even though Fair Trading are supposed to be the contact for something like this. We have been told to go to Access Law, however they will not take any notice of me. My son has to phone them from his country which is very difficult considering the time differences and he works full time. A family cannot afford to let this go as $600 dollars with two children is too much to lose. Does anyone have any other suggestions. The government handed many millions over to Jetstar to cover them. Their company policy should not apply for special circumstances like Covid.

1 Like