COVID-19 Poor business behaviour

Well, after scanning the F&V shop online listings, I decided to take a run to the shop itself and do my shopping there. They were well equipped with sanitiser and there were few enough people in the store to do the physical distancing thing. Most distressing was the difference in price and availability between online and in store. I guess I will be going to the shops, after all. I did put in a new Woolies order but there were no open delivery slots for 3 days at the time so i expect that there will be a refund coming when they cant supply my cream and other stuff. Plus, I forgot some items. I’m going to have to go to the shops. Dammit.

I’ll be taking whats left of my small (60ml) bottle of Aqium, but I have some gloves on order. They are coming from China of course and may well be australian. sad state of affairs. Anyway, gloves are best and chuck them out when done. There are 16 cases in my postcode, and that was as of Thursday. I dont have the latest numbers, but I dont want to be one of them.

When I returned to our vehicle after the old folks happy hour shop at Coles a week ago. I noticed a middle aged woman pushing a small Coles trolley whilst wearing gloves and with a face face pulled up on her forehead.

She was smoking and holding the cigarette with the glove she had used to try to avoid infection.

As they say, “You just can’t help stupid”.

Should you also be wearing eye protection?

It is often repeated the virus can enter our system through the mouth, nose and eyes. :flushed:

1 Like

Chemistworks in Wetherill Park (NSW) are charging $40 for a 400mL bottle of hand sanitiser that doesn’t mention the alcohol content. It is an absolute disgrace. I understand that the cost of materials has increased but that price hike is beyond excessive. I also, don’t know if it has >60% alcohol.
This is a business which is already seeing an increase in sales due to panic buying and medication hoarding. Absolutely disgusted and whilst price gouging I. Australia is apparently not illegal, they should be stopped.

3 Likes

‘Poor’ behaviour? I think these real estate types may be setting new lows in Australia.

1 Like

What a bunch of lowlife scumbags.

As I posted under another topic.

This is one of the problems associated with a democratic society and supply & demand. A holes can charge whatever they can get away with. Unfortunately the poor and those most at risk of catching the COVID-19 are the first people who cannot afford to purchase health safety items. There should be a law against price gouging on health safety items, especially during a pandemic. Time for the Governments to get their fingers out of their ? and act to protect the most vulnerable in society.

1 Like

Wearing a face mask has its benefits. However, there are still risks associated with wearing face masks if you do not wash your hands when away from home. They say we touch our face up to 1000 times a day which is scary, so it is most important to have clean hands. If your hands are not clean and you put your hand under the face mask to scratch, or move the face mask to sneeze, to eat or to recycle the face mask then the face mask loses its effectiveness.

1 Like

I have a bit of that with glasses, and am sure to avoid face touching when near potential infection areas like shops, although its been over 3 weeks since I was in one.

From another thread when smoke and dust was the problem!

2 Likes

Real Estate agents and car salesmen have always been unscrupulous and during this pandemic some are showing their real values. Real Estate agents should never offer financial advise, they are not qualified Financial Advisers. I would also mention that there are some tenants who will take advantage of any opportunity to avoid paying rent whether they can afford it or not. We should not forget that landlords with a mortgage on the property may not have to pay the mortgage for 6 months, however the interest on the mortgage is not waived during this period so their debt is increasing. We all have to share the load.

3 Likes

Probably yes, alas I seem to have lost mine. I will have my specs on, thought they don’t offer much protection. Wraparound sunnies would work.

1 Like

Last year Coles, Woollies & our local Supa IGA were all selling Dairy Farmers Heart Active 1 litre milk for $2.77.

Late last year,Woollies changed their price to $2.75, the Supa IGA dropped their price to $2.70 and Coles raised their price to $3.05.

Whilst the Supa IGA price remains at $2.70 as of today, Coles have now increased their price to $3.20 and Woollies have jacked their price up to $3.30, a massive 20% increase.

I seriously doubt that the Supa IGA has missed any supplier price increases as they did not get to become the largest independent supermarkets in Cairns by making mistakes.

Do they actually get any lower than these disgusting gambling operators?

Why punters are now betting on the price of your house

By Mark Saunokonoko12:54

A global betting exchange is now letting gamblers punt on how much the value of your property could plunge during a likely coronavirus recession.

Betfair opened up the markets this weekend, claiming “customer demands” had prompted it to offer betting on eight Australian cities.

Customers can wager on quarterly positive and negative fluctuations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin and Canberra.

Waiting for what is likely to be my last woolies delivery. Never can get what you need, plenty of junk food but real food is notable by its absence, even if you order it, but cant get a delivery for a couple of days, you’ll be SOL.

1 Like

These are businesses that pretend to live above ground but in reality they live way below ground in hell. This is where the sinners live.

Flight Centre gets a mention here. Details are in another thread, but the latest of many posts

The article there includes a statement by FC defending their practices.

2 Likes

My wife just received this email from W. Lane.

Hand sanitizer back in stock. Stores closed. Online orders only. Allow 6 weeks for home delivery. Go figure?

Price gouging and it may not have arrived from China I suspect.

Massive shoutout to Pete Evans for selling a $15000 device and claiming it can help prevent coronavirus.

How has this man not been arrested yet for profiting off so many blatantly false claims?

5 Likes