COVID-19 Good Business Behaviour (Shiny Awards)

I ordered a refurbished iPhone XS Max Premium phone from Alegre through Boost for my wife on 23.07.2020 and shortly after both my wife and I received a text message from Boost advising that they were offering 10% off refurbished handsets.

I contacted Boost to ask for either a 10% refund or to cancel the order and re-order at the sale price but they had already shipped the phone and they would contact Australia Post to return it, so I bought a second one at the sale price.

The second one was delivered on 28.07.2020 but the first one continued by Camel Express all the wqy to Cairns and back to Brisbane before finally arriving in Sydney last Friday.

I received the refund notices from both Boost/Alegre and PayPal today so well done Boost & Alegre.

3 Likes

Coles refunds a Melbourne $300 after her groceries were stolen from outside her front door.

Woollies will not participate in the JobMaker program.

There are still some ethical businesses around.

Perhaps ethics in some areas but in others I think it might be a stretch eg pokies. So good on them if they think it is the right thing to do but to say they are entirely ethical is in my opinion a bit too far.

2 Likes

Toyota is repaying $18 million it received in JobKeeper subsidies.

Well done Toyota.

1 Like

Coca Cola Amatil to repay wages subsidies back to the NZ Government.

3 Likes

A good news story regarding a family finally being successfull in buying their first home in Wagga Wagga in the face of the pandemic migration forcing up prices.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/real-estate-nsw-daughters-note-wins-over-wagga-wagga-vendors-selling-home/2383631d-b34e-4206-9a28-dfe6194820d0

I don’t buy much on-line, but occasionally we strike a really good vendor. I was really blown away by the service from Grandma’s Pantry https://www.grandmaspantryonline.com.au/

This is a bricks & mortar store in Qld. I was looking for a particular product that was hard to find, researched other vendors and decided to go with Grandma’s due to the good reviews and the fact that they had a shop that I could go to if things turned bad on-line.

I did my on-line order and got a couple of impulse buys - one was banana flour - always wanted to try that. They didn’t have the full kg, so sent what they had with a promise to send the rest when it came back into stock. A month later with the order still outstanding I emailed them to say, “forget the flour, just send me some herbs & spices to the value - anything - surprise me”. Within the day they had despatched the parcel.

What turned up was the remaining flour (that completed my order - but I wasn’t expecting it) and a range of herbs, salts, curry mix, spices etc. The value would have been more than my outstanding order. They have also been very quick to fill my first and second order. Quality and price were good. They have won a loyal customer!

Contrast that to my experience buying some machinery over the same time period. That company sent me the extra part same day, but the machine (in stock etc) is being bounced around between the Company HQ (where I bought it) and the Agent who has one and was supposed to supply. They are both claiming “miscommunication” but I still don’t have the $2,000+ item they both have “in stock ready to deliver”. There has been no communication with me, it has been me ringing and emailing them. Even now I have been waiting several hours for another “we’ll ring you back in a minute …” I should be out spraying.

3 Likes

In contrast to wealthy people who are simply greedy like Gerry Harvey, I call out Pierros in Eltham Vic. Cakes, pizzas, cafe. Am a customer when I can, and it is a great business run by lovely people.

Another lockdown, and another week. His post on the local FB group.

A step up and beyond.

2 Likes

What a great business nad the pizzas sound great.

2 Likes