Comfort foods- Recipes that are prepared easily

EASY SOUP RECIPE

I had to prepare some soup for some fishing buddies recently . I had not gone fishing with them ,too cold , but they had advised me they would be dropping in around 10 PM . I thought I might do some soup to warm them up but I looked in the pantry and only found one can . Would have to bulk it up a bit .

INGREDIENTS

• 1 Can of Campbell’s Chunky Irish Stew Style soup 505 g

• 3 litres of Beef Stock . I used Campbell’s .

• 5 Baby Charisma Potatoes peeled and quartered .

• 4 Shallots . Top and tailed and peeled .

• 1/2 cup of grated carrot .

• 1 Cup of Pasta . I used Vetta Vegetable Twist #89 ( weird name )

• 4 Swiss Brown small mushrooms quartered .

• Hoyts Italian Herb Mix . 2 teaspoons

• Hoyts Dried chives . 1 teaspoon

• Tumeric . 1 teaspoon .

• Mon Tomato Sauce 1 tablespoon .

• Fresh cracked black pepper to taste .

PREPARATION

• You will need a stock pot of at least 5 litres and medium sized saucepan .

• Fill the saucepan with water and bring to the boil . Add the potatoes and shallots .

• Add the can of soup and the 3 litres of beef stock to the stock pot and put on a low , I mean low , heat and stir thoroughly .

• When the sauce pan comes to the boil turn heat back and simmer potatoes and shallots for 3 - 4 minutes . You need them to be par boiled .

• Drain the sauce pan’s contents into a colander and add to the stock pot . Increase the heat on the stock pot to medium low and stir well .

• Add the carrot , mushrooms .

• Add the Pasta . Stir well .

• Add the tablespoon of Mon Tomato Sauce .

• Add 1 teaspoon of each of the following . Turmeric , Chives

• Add 2 teaspoons of the Hoyts Italian herb mix .

• Stir stock pot contents regularly .

• Add cracked black pepper to taste .

• If mixture in stock pot looks like boiling turn back the heat . Simmer for around 20 minutes then with a spoon or ladle scoop out a piece of potato . Test it with a skewer or fork . If soft soup is done .

Ladle into soup bowls and serve with buttered toast . Any soup left over can be frozen for a meal in the future .

Cheers

ENJOY

4 Likes