Colgate Spiderman electric toothbrush

Twitter user Mike Stevens alerted us to this issues with the Colgate Spiderman electric toothbrush. While the oscilating head will need to be replaced in three months, the design of the device means that replacement is not possible. A quick search reveals this product is available for $11 at Big W, which is far more expensive than the cheapest manual toothbrushes on offer that come in around $1.50. It also raises a sustainability issue.

However, what do you think?

5 Likes

This is wrong in so many ways. The design encourages people to not replace the brush and the price reinforces that! What about when junior gets attached to their really cool toothbrush, which is what superhero branding is all about, and mum discovers that it really isn’t affordable to keep replacing it. Just when you thought you had a magic bullet to get the ivories done regularly you get an argument at bed time instead “where’s my spiderman brush, I want it…this brush isn’t any good”.

Spiderman branding the newest buzzword.

5 Likes

I wonder how the Colgate Palmolive executives would feel if they personally bought cars that couldn’t be serviced and parts couldn’t be replaced? Oh, and they had to be replaced every six months or year?

I don’t think they would be too happy.

As @syncretic said:

3 Likes

Reports indicate they also chew through the replaceable batteries.

A win for nagging/pestering power of kids and corporate profits.

4 Likes

I kind of like the idea of the Colgate execs driving cars with welded on wheel rims.

Great that when you get a flat or wear the tyres out showing off, you get a brand new replacement car every time.

Perhaps that is factual and why they need to sell so many spiderman electric tooth brushes? :rofl:

3 Likes

Just an FYI, Coles responded on Twitter saying they are investigating replaceable heads for future children’s toothbrush models.

2 Likes

HEADing in the right direction then :smile:

2 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

chuckle chuckle :rofl: (Couldn’t hold it in any longer)

2 Likes