Coffee machine

saeco royal gran crema from COFFEECULT…
my advice have nothing to do with this company I purchased the above machine made 11 cups of coffee & broke down contacted the co told to take to a repairer some 500 km away had it looked closer after makeing 7 cups broke again. asked for a refund, co refused the machine lasted less then a month, can any one help ?. machine cost $1563.00

1 Like

Welcome to the Community!

Your consumer rights definitely have you covered for this.

I’m sure one of the Consumer experts will put you on the right track.

From my experience that machine is not fit for purpose with its major failure. You are entitled to a refund. If it was me I would contact you State or Territory’s Consumer Affairs/Office of Fair Trading and make a complaint. All of them have really good website if you look yours up.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Hi @unity,

I’ll assume your 11 cups was over a week or less than a month, not that the machine was in storage for eg 5+ years and was just put into use. The latter can be a far different situation than the former.

Start by reading your rights at the ACCC page as linked to the complaints tool, and then make a formal claim for a full refund stating the machine history, any claims to quality, and that a $1563 coffee machine should last more than a few months prior to breaking, and again breaking. You can use the ACCC complaints tool here.

You need to follow the letter of the ACCC page to the point of quoting your rights, stating why the machine has failed, how many times it has failed, and what you want and by when.

Choice also has a page on consumer rights that I’ll link again.

You should also claim the company should have paid two way shipping even if the manufacturer’s warranty states otherwise. The manufacturers warranties sometimes are used to intimidate consumers to believe they have fewer rights than they actually have under the ACL - done in a way that references the ACL in a standard way while still making alternative statements.

Until you go formal following the ACCC guidelines they will probably continue to fob you off since they have done so already. Make sure you get a receipt for your letter and keep notes and logs of every communication (time, date, who, synopsis) in real time. You will need to do this prior to complaining to fair trading for assistance.

If it was a recent purchase on a credit card, circumstances dependent, your issuer might entertain a chargeback to Coffecult as possibly having violated the ACL. That has to be done in a finite period from the original charge, usually 60 or 90 days, card issuer dependent.

In addition, if you are a Choice member and need some guidance beyond what we can offer through the community, you can contact Choice Help, although they sometimes take a while to respond since they are busy, and now mostly working from home.

Please let us know how you go.

5 Likes