'Climate Friendly' Browsers & Internet Search Companies

As Gizmodo related according to Google, it too offsets it’s, non green powered operations globally. There is no percentage quoted, so perhaps it too needs more objectivity.

To be fair, Google is attempting to move away from offsets with its next big undertaking of cleaning up its power supply. Right now, the company says they’re neutralizing the carbon footprint of its total energy usage by buying renewable energy elsewhere, neutralizing its own use of fossil-based power in places where it isn’t running on renewables. By 2030, it aims to change that by actually running on 100% carbon-free power sources.

I consider that offsetting. Although what it does with that extra green power it can’t obviously consume! It still needs to be used somewhere.

I’m happy to accept Ecosia on face value as an alternative internet search provider. Is it evil, wicked or intent on ripping users off? Google and others have equally a vested interest in not fostering alternatives. And we all know what Google’s attitude towards consumers is. Put paying customers first, take more than you offer in return? If Ecosia is not delivering on it’s green credentials the evidence is lacking. Really another topic.

There is no need to discuss any further.
As the initial post said - It may be worth a look for some. No one is insisting it is the perfect product for @mark_m or anyone else. I’ve an open mind and would recommend DDG plus a VPN for anyone worried about privacy. If looking forward for ways to encourage environmental improvement is not important, we can all make choices.