Clean T toothbrush

I’m just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Clean T toothbrush?

4 Likes

Hi @TNSmith, welcome to the community.

Yes, this research paper concluded:

The U-shaped automatic electric toothbrush tested in this study proved to be not effective in removing dental plaque.

It appears that the U-shaped toothbrushes such as Clean T toothbrush may be more of a gimmick rather than something which will clean ones teeth. What is concerning is that if one thinks that they can clean their teeth in 10 seconds using one of these devices, they may have long term dental problems as a result.

I personally would not be wasting my own money on such a device, and would be sticking to current proven methods to maintain one’s teeth, namely good quality toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.

10 Likes

Another one bites the dust :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sure does. Thankfully Choice saved me not only from saving money but also my teeth!

4 Likes

I have been seeing some of these or similar advertised on Facebook and other social media. While the dentistry industry appear not to support this form of teeth cleaning, the sellers of such products are making anecdotal claims such as:

• many of our customer buy it because it is recommended by their dentists
  • our customers dentists have indicated they clean better than regular toothbrushes

They are very careful not to make claims themselves in relation to the effectiveness of these devices, as it could catch the attention of the ACCC as making false of misleading statements.

I am concerned that some parents may be buying these ‘toothbrushes’ based on the marketing of the sellers, not realising that it could take many months or years to find out that the decision may not have been in the best interests of their children. Once teeth decay, there is no way to reverse the damage.

2 Likes