Christmas in September

At least one of these stores has existed in Australia as a ‘bricks and mortar’ store, and there are still online stores that only sell Christmas paraphernalia

3 Likes

Some of Costco’s offerings:

Halloween has been moved a bit further in but is still on sale.

The Christmas Tree in the first photo is only a measly, moderate, and modest $690…yeah I will buy 10 because they are so cheap! /sarcasm.

The large ceramic nativity scene is also so very very cheap, I guess if you have the money then buy to your heart’s delight but my money can do so much more for so many more so it isn’t going on that.

2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago, our local Supa IGA had Bertocchi half leg hams in stock which normally don’t appear until much closer to Xmas.

However, they were all dated Use By 30.09.2020 which was around 5 days away.

Looks like someone got caught short.

1 Like

Whilst you are all busily carving your Jack O Lantern pumpkins in readiness for tomorrow, I have found a pumpkin recipe slideshow which includes pumpkin pie.

The pie only uses 500gm of pumpkin so you will probably be able to bake at least 10 pies with your pumpkin after tomorrow.

And an article regarding witchcraft.

I found this ‘useful’ advice on line.
I really like the idea that to fully appreciate and properly celebrate Halloween one might be best to move to Alaska. :rofl:

Back here in Australia pumpkins (which are fruit) can be grown nearly all year round when there is no risk of frost damage to the vines. We don’t need the excuse of Halloween to scoop them out to make scones, or soup or mashed with potatoes or just plain bake them! :wink:

Nothing to do with Christmas unless you are expecting an early Christmas present to follow “the Tuesday next after the first Monday in the month of November” every four years?