Christmas dinner left overs challenge

No matter how well we plan a meal there always seems to be left overs . For this challenge let us know how you made use of any left overs from your Christmas dinner .

The best posts will be awarded a Food champions Challenge Badge

:bread: :hamburger: :pizza: :sushi: :oyster: :moon_cake: :birthday: :sweet_potato: :popcorn:

4 Likes

What left-overs!!??
We (him & me) don’t over indulge and only pick, cook, what we want to eat that meal. He wanted steamed pud and cornflake biscuits and these will be eaten over a few days.

Peelings, outer leaves, vegetable garden & orchard discards etc went to the tadpoles (four species of native frogs that laid eggs in inappropriate places now maturing in tubs), worms, compost, possums and others. Other salad ingredients are kept in the fridge in containers, where we serve ourselves what we can eat and put them back for next meal or snack. Nothing gets wasted here.

4 Likes

I’ve got plenty of mushrooms and some ragù left over, tomorrow I will do a Risotto with melting cheese, and a good sprinkle of grated Parmesan on top.
Alas, there are no sweets left :laughing:

2 Likes

Convert all the prawn heads, legs etc into a prawn bisque, less than an hour’s work, absolutely yummy and did two of us for three days.

4 Likes

Make the best ever pea and ham soup from the leftover ham bone (free range 'cause we care about animal welfare). Freeze into portions for wonderful treat when the weather turns cold again. All other leftovers are eaten over the next few days, you gotta love a no-cook holiday!

5 Likes

What’s the problem? Boxing Day is the best day of the year because there are plenty of left-overs, the house is a mess but it doesn’t matter, the adults are drowsy, the kids are busy with their new things in the pool… No pressure, it’s all done, and no need to cook. THAT’s how I make use of Christmas left-overs. They get eaten.

5 Likes

Let’s not forget the humble omelette:
just chop-up any left over meat and/or veggies, add you favourite spices, and a new tasty dish is ready for all to enjoy!

2 Likes