Chips : Frozen potato . Which brand and type do you buy?

I didn’t resist :grinning: Home made potato and pumpkin chips always satisfy!

5 Likes

I’m a DIDO wife and mother of young child who is just starting to expand his food horizons, so we are starting to slowly eat fewer chips, but I do always keep at least one bag of frozen chips in the freezer - fish portions, chicken schnitzels or even sausages in the air fryer (Tefal Fry Delight) with some microwave steamed veg is better than takeaways, especially on my work days when I’m not home until after 5:30.
I’m usually shopping at IGA so I go with the Birds Eye Golden Crunch chips (these are actually AMAZING if you air fry them with sausages on top), but if I happen to be at Woolies, the Woolworths Australian Steakhouse chips are definitely my favourite!!

2 Likes

I always buy birds eye golden crunch and cook in the air fryer. at a friends house one night they served some aldi beer batter chips and they were wonderful so I went to aldi to buy some and they didn’t taste the same. My friends deep fryed them so maybe that made the difference in taste. in the airfryer they tasted horrible

5 Likes

I’m happy with the Aldi crinkle cut or potato jewels. Sometimes get the hash browns.

2 Likes

Do the same. Take about half an hour but they are better than frozen chips.

you can do them as roast spuds too!

3 Likes

When we finished our current pack of McCains Shoestring fries this week, I was very surprised to notice that they actually have a 4.5 star health rating.

I also noticed that the pack was labelled as 900gm as I am sure that they were 1kg in recent times.

Perhaps that help explains why Coles & Woollies are now pricing them at $3 a pack after jacking the price up to over $4 a pack a few years ago.

2 Likes

Ahhh Birds Eye golden is one of the tasties chips, but I don’t ever put them in ayrfryer - always deep frying as it gives it completely different flavour. Sometimes with cinnamon flavor reminds me of chips that I’ve ate at vacation. Limited edition sort of and very hard to find. Aldi crinkle is fine as well by me - also deep frying “version”.

2 Likes

Chips are my absolute downfall, which is why a) I don’t buy frozen or b) have an air fryer. I figure its safer for me to just buy some when out and about once in a great while. If I had them ready to go in the freezer, it would be a daily event. I adore chips!

4 Likes