CHOICE membership

Child Swallows Potentially Deadly Magnetic Balls

An article regarding children who swallowed banned magnetiv balls.

And a previous recall notice regarding them.

2 Likes

I saw that on the news last night. I’m just not sure why any parent would buy something which has small brightly coloured swallowable things. Small children stick those things in the most ridiculous places.

5 Likes

Exactly. Parenting issue. Does not require regulation.

2 Likes

Possibly, but unfortunately modern regulations seem to protect those who seem unable to protect themselves.

If there is say a ban on these magnetic ball, how about everything and anything which is magnetic or a ball or small and colourful items which could be swallowed (many homes have many of each of these).

Maybe packaging could express product risks, and responsibilities for suitable use placed on the user. Otherwise everything might be regulated out of existence due to any potential risks.

2 Likes