Chemist Pricing - Caveat Emptor

Maybe and maybe not. When that happens I might forget what the alerts are for or how to open the app to see. For now I use OCD methodologies. eg. If my cup moved from the nightstand to the vanity I took the morning meds :wink: If not I still need to take them. At night the reverse cup movement reveals if I took those meds. Now to keep me looking for that cup and moving it to plan

2 Likes

That doesnt happen at the start. Thats at the end. You’ll be in care by then. LOL!

I have a tray in which I keep cards of my meds
 as each is taken I move it to the back of the tray. If its still at the front when I go to take evening meds, I know I forgot. I dont forget very often, because I have THREE apps which send me beeps and messages that say its time to take meds. If I dont respond and do it right away, then
 oh well
 one does one’s best. Which reminds me, its time.

2 Likes

I Can’t complain about the service at our local Chemist Warehouse because there is none. But I usually check the prices there, then our preferred pharmacist Terry White Chemmart will match the price. Their concession card scripts are $5.50. They know me and have picked up a couple of anomalies in my regular scripts. My daughter uses Priceline Pharmacies and they also price match, and the pharmacists there knows most of their customers as well. Guess it depends on the pharmacy.

4 Likes

One of my medications (non PBS) cost me $35 every fortnight at my (then) local chemist, one day I was caught out on a long drive and went to another chemist - $19. I checked my mileage etc and it turns out it was cheaper to drive to the distant shops and pay the petrol costs than shop local
 Even better, we moved house to another town where the chemist had a loyalty card - $12. I don’t have to worry about that medication any more but it was a lesson hard learned - not all chemists are the same, not at all.

7 Likes

The wise one was made this wonderful offer by the local pharmacy. Possibly?

The owner recently changed hands when the pharmacist/owner decided to retire. The new owner has a number of pharmacies and franchises with TerryWhite Chemmart.

They are now promoting a product “Powered by medAdvisor”. It is a bit like a digital wallet that you can download and install from Google Play or the App Store for ‘FREE’. Yes it’s free!

In return the local TW Pharmacy will provide you with a code to activate your account. In return they will also keep all your original scripts. No need to carry the repeats around, or worry ever again. When it is time a polite reminder will pop up, open the app on your mobile and proceed to pick up your script at your convenience. From your local TW of course.

As a health app what more can it do?
And,
What could possibly be amiss with such a service?

P.S.
I suspect the next iteration will be the affiliated local GPs issuing a digital prescription direct to the pharmacy, for your convenience. No need here. Our local GP has a interconnecting doorway from the waiting room direct to the pharmacy service counter. :joy:

2 Likes

Our local Chemist Warehouse always tries to keep customers’ scripts which we refuse.

They also now have signage regarding customers being able to talk to a GP within 15 minutes, 365 days a year to get scripts and medical advice.

Not sure how good a diagnosis a GP can do over the phone with someone they have never met.

1 Like

Vitamin B3 tablets 500 mg. Local pharmacy $28, Woolies $12.

1 Like

I have had the Chemist Warehouse version of the app for quite a while. I know the prices are as sharp as any so I would get my scripts there anyway. As for the ‘friendly reminders’ Android has a way to stop them and I assume the TW app is similar. Go into the Android apps menu and disable all the app’s notifications. Then the convenience becomes being able to reorder with a few presses, no nags included, as well as a chat with the pharmacist. iPhone? Must be similar - famous last words.

As far as keeping an accurate record of supply via the app? Hopeless.

As for vitamin prices I have found it hard to meet or beat Colesworths sale prices.

1 Like

I’ve been using that app for a few years now. Worth it, really worth it. I used to forget to get scripts filled, and to get scripts rewritten
 now I dont have to remember because the app is on top of it.

1 Like

This Chemist Warehouse “script holder” must be bordering on deceptive and misleading.

If the “Up To” beside “50% OFF” was any smaller, I would need a microscope.

2 Likes