Charities harassing the general public

I got a response by sending the email as in my post above. They sent reply asking for which State I lived in before they could remove my number. I assume my request was successful.

2 Likes

Simply download the form.
Open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Close the form but leave Acrobat open.
Highlight the form as it will be at the top of the list you now see.
Click on Fill & Sign on the right hand sign.
Click in the first box and a text box will appear.
Enter the details and then click into the next box and continue.
Save the form and the email your entered form to them.

No printing or scanning needed. I hope this helps.

13 Likes

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the form as per your instructions (thanks!) and sent it off to them. I even had an acknowledgement from them. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Thanks for that advice - never knew I could do that with Adobe
All worked perfectly so now just have to wait to see if I get any more calls - we have been getting them all times of the day every day and they drive us mad as I run a business at home.

3 Likes

As an aside, I remember some time back (read, about 1983, yeah don’t start) getting a series of calls over a year or two from a ‘survey’ wanting to know what I thought about various songs - pop songs I guess you could call them. The call was real time with a real person, not automated (doubt they had the tech then), with a very nice sounding young lady, wanting to know what I thought and sounding very interested. There must have been many dozens of them over a couple of years.

My kind of ‘unsolicited call’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apple Marketing are pretty slow to respond. I emailed them 27 Feb, and they responded today 10 April. They did apologise for the delay.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s because they have been inundated by requests. Nobody minds giving to charities but this form of marketing is anathema to what giving is all about.

3 Likes

Hiya petpad.byers

Thank you so much for your informative email. The fact that you provided the Apple Marketing phone number made it so easy for me and gave ME no excuses.
I telephoned Apple immediately, and after several voice-recordings got through to a very polite gentleman who said he would remove my phone number from a list of 5 Charities that I had donated to in the past.
I then had to ask AGAIN that he not only remove my number from those Charities, but ALL Charities that Apple represented.
He begrudgingly asked if I meant the “Global Apple Do Not Call Register”

So to anyone else ringing Apple, please ask them to remove you from all of the Charities you have previously donated to, AS WELL AS the “Global Apple Do Not Call Register”
He said it would take 2 or 3 days to take effect

Fingers Crossed!
Thanks again for posting, it was very helpful and I hope that it can help others too!
Cheers Natalie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We registered with donotcall.gov and we have had no problems. However, it is good to renew your numbers every 12-18 months on this site.

2 Likes

Thanks !
I selected the whole form and pasted into an email to fill in and send - and got an immediate reply.

We had increasing levels of begging letters by the post which were thrown in the bin. We donate to out preferred charities on a monthly basis but I started to resent the letters, 4-5 a week. Out of sheer frustration at the waste of paper and costs which could have been directed to the core issue of the organisation, I started to RTS every one of them. Rarely get any now. What are your thoughts on this matter?

3 Likes

I rarely get begging letters from “new” charities. I used to get begging letters from the charities that I do support, but a reply saying I would cease my current donations if they sent another begging letter prompted an apology and a cessation of begging letters.

5 Likes

If you are on the do not call register and get another call from a real estate company or product marketing salesperson, ask for the name of the manager and to to them, Say you are going to report the company for breaching the rules of the privacy laws.

6 Likes

We got rid of our landline - has fixed the problem.

4 Likes

Yes I have some charities I direct debit to. Sick of getting mail so RTS for about 6 months. No more begging letters.

5 Likes

I do the same, but first I have a little notebook where I write down the return address, usually printed on the envelope or open it up to find it as:

1. you can’t always tell its a charity and
  2. I do have a couple of charities that I support and don’t mind them sending me something.

Then if I haven’t had to open it (because it’s clear who it’s from) I repost as RTS or when something arrives that I think might be from a charity, I check my list and if it’s on there, put RTS on it and repost, most of them stopped after the first one or 2 that I received

5 Likes

They also have DNC a form which can be filled in and emailed.

http://www.applemarketing.com.au/privacy/dnc/

Click on the green DNC at the bottom of the page.

Apple Marketing Pty Ltd can act on behalf of the following charities:

• able australia
  • move
  • Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
  • beyondblue
  • Big Heart Appeal
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Epworth Healthcare
  • Gold Coast Community Fund
  • Heart Foundation
  • include a Charity
  • epilepsy
  • Mission Australia
  • mnd Victoria
  • strokefoundation
  • The Salvation Army (inc. Red Shield Appeal and Crisis Partners)
  • RSPCA
  • Vision Australia
  • The Kids Cancer Project
  • The Shepherd Centre
  • Wesley Mission Victoria

If you are like ourselves who chose where and when to donate to our preferred charities, and are unwilling to accept unsolicited phone calls from charities, it is worth submitting a completed form to the Apple Marketing Group Pty Ltd.

8 Likes