Changing supply address on a energy/utility bill:

Cheers grahroll

To be honest, all I want to do is simply get away from them… completely… and a.s.a.p. They’ve caused so many problems over recent months and I’ve had to waste so much time trying to sort it out.

Consumers shouldn’t have to be fiddling around with these behind the scenes screw ups that are being caused energy suppliers and distributors. The only thing that all these characters are “supplying” and “distributing” at the moment is an endless succession of problems to all of us.

“'Energy customers” !!.. more like “'Energy Victims” !! We should start a Facebook support group " Victims of Energy Company Crimes"

2 Likes

Hi Zackarii

Yes, been there and done that with Australia Post. All very frustrating.

2 Likes

Good Evening Everyone,

A quick update to my previous posts regarding my experiences with A.G.Hell and the Energy Ombudsman…plus, a further question… if I may …

As I seem to recall mentioning in one of my final comments (above … somewhere), I ended up cancelling my electricity account with Australia’s most complained - about energy retailer. I was hoping, however, that my decision to start reading my own gas meter would fix all the billing problems that I’ve had with that side of things. And it did ! For a grand total of one billing period. Second time I did it, the next (current) bill has again been based on an estimate… due to a “technical error” … according to the online chat that I had with them today. Complete nonsense, of course… as I got an onscreen message at the time I uploaded the info stating that it had been registered with no problems.So, , apparently, it’s all a complete waste of time… at least with AGL.

At the moment, the Energy Ombudsman (who has been very helpful) has just escalated their investigation into my complaints due to AGL’s failure and / or reluctance to provide an adequate response to my initial in-Query (as our septic chums would say).

So, now to my question …

The numbers that appear in the gas meter window … what do they actually represent i.e. they’re a measurement of what … exactly ? I tried to get a simple explanation during my online chat with AGL today but we seemed to be speaking different languages …

Apparently, they have nothing to do with the amount of Megajoules (?) that have been consumed which is the only basis on which the energy company determines how much to charge the customer (?)

So, if they meter numbers do not represent the actual gas usage what do they represent and what’s the point of providing them to the reatiler ?

How do we, as consumers, readily verify the Megajoule usage … as distinct from simply being “told” what it is by the energy shysters ?

Finally, I stumbled across this interesting information on the Ombudsman’s website … a detailed report of the complaints that they have handled regarding all the energy companies over the past couple of years…Certainly worth downloading the current, 2018 annual report. Complaints about most of the retailers are, generally, increasing … very rapidly in some cases…

https://www.ewov.com.au/2018

Thanks

1 Like

It would be great if you could upload a photo of your gas meter (the part showing the numbers/dials).

There are a number of different models (metric or imperial) used nationally and would be good to see which one you have.

The meter face will also show the units of the measurement, e.g. cubic feet, cubic meter etc…

My recollection is billing is based in MJ used, so there may need to be a conversion from the volume used to MJ. This website explains it more:

https://electricityandgas.com.au/energy-guides/read-gas-meters/

And this one may be useful…

1 Like

Hi ph

Thanks for that link.

Sadly, my little el cheapo point and shoot went “fut” last week … so without a means to take "pick - eeze’ at the mo …

1 Like