In SA, the RAA is offering good deals on OZtrail Directors camping chairs:
- With side table $60 RRP $99.99
- Updated model with anti-tip feet, some cushioning, and folds into a carry bag $77.95 RRP $129.95
It also has the OZtrail Coolum 5 position recliner for $83.95 RRP $139.95.
Can anyone comment on these chairs? They would be great Xmas presents if they are recommended!
Here’s a review starting point while you wait for member lived reviews. Sounds ok on paper…
We bought cheap shop camping chairs with fold-out foot-rests, and folded into a tube-shape carry bag, which lasted for more than 15years. Even then, it was the foot-rest section broke because people tried to sit on them.
It is not the price, nor the brand that is important.
What I look for (in no particular order) when buying camping chairs:
- What is the load-bearing weight limit of the chair? Is it strong enough for us, and perhaps two of us if someone sits in your lap.
- Is it aluminium or steel? I prefer aluminium as it will not corrode or rust in humid climes or if it gets and stays wet.
- Is the body structure sturdy and safe? I sit in the chair and wiggle to make sure it is not in danger of tipping or buckling. Are the joints well fastened?
- Is the material thick ripstop material or flimsy? Is the stitching and thread good quality?
- Is it easy to open and close without pinch points?
- Are the rubber feet thick or thin/flimsy? Do the feet have a large foorprint or are they small?
- Does it have a side table? If so, is there a drink slot to hold drinks
- Does it fold down (more than folding in half through the middle) for transport?
- How much does it weigh? Can it be carried easily?
- How long is the guarantee/warranty on it? Is the guarantee/warranty unconditional, or conditional and what is covered, and what is not?