Buying liquor from BWS

Hi folk,

If you buy grog from BWS, just take a few seconds to note the price ticket accurately. It may be subject to fine print, or loyalty program membership.

Four times now in recent weeks there, the electronic till tried to charge me more than the ticketed price. It was not more than a $1 or 2 extra, but multiply that by 100 customers who did not notice.

Sadly, liquor purchases are not part of Woolworths’ Scanning Code of Practice I believe.

10 Likes

It could be entertaining to keep logs and product display photos each time you go in. If there is a pattern you would have grounds to complain to BWS, Woolies Corporate, and the ACCC/fair trading.

“The only exceptions under the Code are products with a shelf price greater than $50, as well as tobacco and liquor products. These products will be adjusted to reflect the shelf price.”

I avoid BWS because we have a Dan Murphy’s close by, and Dan’s prices are predicably far better than BWS that often seems to be a high price leader, as does Liquorland versus FirstChoice in the Coles empire. My only interaction with the BWS is when Cellarmasters (yet another Woolies company) does free shipping to the BWS and it is worthwhile to pickup from there.

7 Likes