Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) - Can-Am Outlander All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Can-Am Outlander All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) MY2021 supplied by Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) as the front lower ball joint may not have been properly installed into the steering knuckle.

Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) - Can-Am Outlander All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) MY2021

PRA No.

2021/18997

Date published

8 Jun 2021

Product description

All terrain vehicles (ATVs)
Can-Am Outlander models

Model Year 2021

181 affected vehicles

Photograph of Can-Am Outlander MAX LTD 1000R MY2021

Photograph of Can-Am Outlander MAX 6x6 DPS 650 MY2021

Photograph of Can-Am Outlander 450 MY2021

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (11.82 KB)

What are the defects?

The front lower ball joint may not have been properly installed into the steering knuckle.

What are the hazards?

The steering knuckle may detach from the lower arm, resulting in a loss of control of the vehicle. This increases the risk of an accident causing injury or death to vehicle riders or bystanders.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should stop driving their vehicle and contact their nearest Can-Am ATV dealer to schedule an appointment for repair.
If consumers need to move their vehicle, it should only be ridden below 15 km/h on a smooth surface.

For more information, consumers can contact BRP by phone on 1800 531 996 or via email infobrpaustralia@brp.com

Supplier

Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP)

Traders who sold this product

BRP Can-Am authorised dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 27 January 2021 - 26 March 2021

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.