Blaux Portable Aircon Shonky

I saw an ad for this amazing gadget and clicked on it.

But then I did a search for reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B08CF1LGT6

And best of all, the magical catalyst that allows a minature evaporative aircon to be better tha a real aircon is the catalyst the air passes over which is created from 100% natural snake oil.

Perhaps these charlatans should not refer to it as an “aircon” but simply a “con”.

7 Likes

You have a live one here. This drivel is comparable to the Pete Evans biocharger. It’s smaller and cheaper but that’s OK, unless it has re-written the laws of physics it doesn’t do very much at all aside from being portable.

4 Likes

Been there, done that.

And from Feb 2019 at the local Mitre10.

I recently saw an add for another similar product in the RACQ ‘Open Road’ magazine.

Sucking on an ice cube, a wet washer or towel on your head or neck. All offer a similar benefit, for next to nothing.

6 Likes

It’s just a mini evaporative air cooler. Deserves a LEMON, useless in every respect. Could be almost as good as a hand fan in a dry climate though. Now that’s an idea a hand folding fan is portable, it works and cost nothing to run.

4 Likes

Hi @sjjackson.
They are still flogging these things on Internet channels. Latest I saw was 50% off whilst stocks last.

2 Likes

Yes, and I think there’s a similar one, perhaps a bit bigger, but equally useless.

1 Like

This just cracks me up.
On the Melb Age website as a paid ad.

downsize_200k_v1

But click on the link and you are with the good old Bĺaux shonky.

What link?

1 Like

This is just the picture, not the ad itself.

1 Like

Sad thing is, no media managers are prepared to reject advertising of any shonky product or misrepresentation of unhealthy ‘food’ products as being good for you.

1 Like

Do you say they will not reject any ad even if it is named as shonky by a recognised authority ( eg the TGA) or that they do that sort of thing but let through other material that is, in your opinion, dodgy?

These charlatans don’t seem to be able to get their scam right.

The ad on a nine.com.au webpage claims that it has hit all sales records in QLD.

But the scam ad states WA instead.

With phenomenal sales like this, why would they even need to advertise?

1 Like

No idea, but they need to review their pricing. Units like this have been selling on ebay for 3-4 years for half the price (and less)

1 Like