Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency Scams

I came across the following articles this morning which claim to be about an interview with Andrew Forrest on The Project program on ABC TV.

How could anyone go wrong with Bitcoin Evolution and Bitcoin Future getting glowing endorsements by the likes of Andrew Forrest, Richard Branson & Bill Gates?

Oops. Andrew Forrest did not give any such recommendation.

https://www.fmgl.com.au/in-the-news/media-releases/2019/04/05/statement-on-andrew-forrest-bitcoin-scam

And the video clip which claims to show Richard Branson and Bill Gates discussing Bitcoin Evolution or Bitcoin Future at CES 2019 is actulayy about them talking about Bitcoin.

(See warning below before clicking on this link) https://thesecureadvice.com/bitcoinevolution/?oid=3&qze=1394&hitid=1022f8950ba81593868e3ce34187ab&aff_sub=20e5c2994b4b4e03bfab1d8dd2a812d8edf2&saf=22902&cvu=&aff_sub2=22902&aff_sub3=&aff_sub4=&aff_sub5=&htmlPx={htmlPx}&action=

And I can’t quite figure out how the Banker’s Cheque for $4,500 is dated 19.11.2004 which is over 4 years before Bitcoin launched.

The whole sordid story is simalar to thie scam involning Harry Triguboff earlier this year.

Now what was the warning the authorities continually quote?

Oh, That;s right. “If it sounds too good to be true, It probably is”.

I think I will past up on this opportunity to"get rich quick".

8 Likes

If one has a web security suite, it may identify website (the secure advice .com) links as a potentially malicious site…

I possibly wouldn’t be clicking on such links.

5 Likes

A bold scam. I noted that they’ve made a pretty poor attempt to rip off the ABC site too.

5 Likes

As there is no mention of the scam as yet on Scamwatch , I have just reported it to them.

Hopefully they will act promptly instead of just adding the victims to their scam statistics.

3 Likes

Apparently the ABC knew about the scam way back in April.

Why on earth did they not alert Scamwatch when they even have the link in their warning, or did Scamwatch fail to act?

Ane even Hugh Jackman has been targeted by the scam.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to find the best financial planner

From early May at least I kept seeing clickbait advertisements like this (usually Andrew Forrest) in Facebook. I checked and found they were fake, and so each time they appeared reported to facebook as Fake/scam. Received a few acknowledgements. I understand that in Facebook you can get paid if you advertise and it receives many clicks - don’t know who pays! So there’s no reason for Facebook to discourage fake ads!

3 Likes

It will be 1 week tomorrow since I reported the Andrew Forrest Bitcoin Scam to Scamwatch and there is still no warning on their website.

However, there is a link to another cryptocurrency scam at the top of the items on the right-hand side of their homepage.

1 Like

Another article from the ABC News website regarding the same scam that may be easier to read.

If you want a good laugh, Google “Coinexx” and look at all the five star reviews plus one offering to get your money back.

And some 8 days after I contacted Scamwatch regarding the Andrew Forrest Bitcoin Scam, the ACCC have still done nothing regarding warning consumers.

Perhaps they prefer that more people get scammed so as to increase the dollar amount in their next advice as to how much consumers have lost.

1 Like

Wow. Now Hugh Jackman has also appeared on The Project to share details of his latest 'investment".

https://www.financesmile.com/hj/?offer=Bitcoin%20Revolution

1 Like

It is now 15 days since i reported this scam to Scamwatch and they still have not issued a warning.

However, I did notice a link to an article on the right hand side of their homepage which is another version of the scam starring Waleed Ally and Israel Folau.

I deleted my previous post above regarding the one involving James Packer as the link mysteriously changed from the scam to what appears to be a genuine article.

I presume that James Packer was not impressed at being used in the scam and ensured it was changed.

4 Likes

And now we have the US version of this grubby scam.

https://www.financeclock.com/bezos/

3 Likes

Hmmm. A person’s use in such a scam has a certain cachet, an assessment that you’ve made it as a recognised successful businessperson. There must be a bunch of disappointed billionaires. Warren Buffett would be next up …

1 Like

And another US version starring Tom Hanks.

https://ballersfans.com/audition-for-role-of-norman-osborn-in-the-mcu/?bnr=tnkJ

I suppose they will have Trump or the Pope next.

1 Like

You never know @Fred123, it could also be you.

Or you perhaps?.. . .

How stange.

The link has now changed to what appears to be a legitimate article just like the James Packer article did.

I wonder if these smammer parasites are infecting actual articles on the internet or whether highly influentical persons manage to get the scams targeting them removed.

Either way if offers some protection for those who may succumb to these “get poor quick” scams.

1 Like

It could be that they are hacking multiple official or semi-official sites, especially if the have found a way in via a company running multiple domains. That type of access would allow them to hijack random pages, and it would be tricky to track down until a report comes in and the problem is addressed. Just a guess.

3 Likes

Wow. Even Kochie has jumped on the bandwagon.

"

• [BUSINESS]
  • CULTURE
  • GADGETS
  • FUTURE
  • CELEBS

Money

David Koch Refuses To Keep Quiet Despite Pressure From Bankers. ‘People are Making Thousands Everyday From This With No Experience’

by [Ben Harper] @bennoHarps Wednesday, July 24, 2019

‘People with no experience including myself are making thousands everyday from this.’

David Koch is best known for his incredibly direct interviews and as co-host on Seven Network’s Sunrise breakfast program. Kochie has spent his career deeply embedding himself into Australian and international popular consciousness. However in the last week, information was leaked about his latest success in Bitcoin Trading - a subject area he’d previously ridiculed on national television.

The media mogul just announced he’s about to join a new business venture which he believes can go some way to helping Aussies improve their financial lives, proving that he really does care about the average Australian citizen and their needs.

The new venture is called Bitcoin Revolution, and although he didn’t come up with the idea, he’s invested an estimated $1.8m of his own money into the software which enables anyone to trade Bitcoin profitably.

In a recent interview with The Australian, Kochie revealed that more than half his tax income for 2018 came from investing in one Bitcoin system - a somewhat sneaky investment, but one that’s made him millions, and hundreds of Australian families thousands each month.

“No one seems to have enough money, and I believe this is the solution people have been waiting for” said Kochie. After ‘experimenting’ with multiple Cryptocurrencies; he explained: “I think Bitcoin is better than currency. Never in history have we had an opportunity that people can easily take advantage of to generate tremendous wealth in such a short period of time!” - Read more ››

Political unrest all over the world has caused people to look for a safe and stable asset, this has driven the demand for Bitcoin in the process; it’s completely decentralized and gives you full autonomy and protection over your funds for the first time ever, attracting the likes of David Koch , who seems to be a far more astute businessman than we previously knew.

In a recent interview with Bloomberg, Kochie said how he came across the opportunity which is available to everyone right now: “When I heard the idea, I just knew I had to be a part of it. We’re going to change the lives of thousands of Australian people forever. It’s just good business, and maybe this will see a few of my haters turn… maybe.”

“If you had invested just $100 in Bitcoin back in 2010 you would now enjoy dividends of $75 Million Dollars!”

Kochie says: “It’s a controversial investment, because the world banking community does not want the average worker to have access to this much wealth outside of the system. They hate me for investing in this!”

Here’s the deal: The program is gaining major popularity and the results are astonishing. Kochie explains how “timing is key with an investment like this and sadly the window for this is this is so narrow; many Australian workers will miss out. There really is just a few months or even weeks left to benefit." Economists are urging people to “Start Now!”

Sound too good to be true? That’s what parents of 2, Justin and Bec Pottinger from Grenfell NSW, initially thought too. Justin was a 34-year-old customer store manager until he lost his job in October 2018. He was lucky enough to be invited to beta test the program in January this year after stumbling across an advert on Facebook.

Justin and Bec were initially skeptical of this work from home opportunity, but it turned out to be the “best thing that’s ever happened to them!”

Justin admits: "At first, I thought this was a joke. Making money from home is only a dream. But I decided to try it anyways, I watched this video and then signed up afterwards. It was almost fun learning something new. Money was flowing into my account, I didn’t believe it was real. I was so skeptical that I’d even receive the money that I didn’t even mention it to Bec!

Bitcoin Revolution now pays Justin every Monday morning.

“I now earn really good money just to work from home every day…and I get paid every Monday morning… I make around $9,000 a month right now and it’s creeping up every week. I receive my Bitcoin straight to my wallet, and if I need quick access I can transfer cash directly to my bank account by direct deposit, but I also have the option of Paypal or Cheque too!” - Read more ››

What exactly is Justin paid to do? He says, “Essentially this new economy is Bitcoin Revolution Auto Trading. You can trade it like stocks, but because it’s a completely untapped market, there’s no competition. I’m scooping up cash like ice cream. It’s such a good time to be doing this, and after seeing David Koch’s involvement it just makes me more excited”.

What you need: Only a computer, smartphone, or tablet with internet access. You don’t need any specific skills other than knowing how to use a computer and browsing the internet. Another perk of this program is you get to choose your own hours. You can work completely on your own schedule- whether that’s 5 hours a week or 50 hours a week. Absolutely no selling or telemarketing involved!

To save our reader’s time and double check the Bitcoin Revolution’s functionality, Justin kindly created a guide to getting started on the system.

Here’s his step-by-step walkthrough:

First thing you see is a video showing off Bitcoin Revolution in all of its glory. The advertising is big and bold and in your face but it is an American product and that’s how they do things. Anyway, you simply submit your name and email address below the video to get started.

Next up, you’re asked to fund your account. As I was navigating the deposit page, my mobile rang. It was an international number so I was hesitant to answer but then I realised it was obviously from Bitcoin Revolution. Sure enough, it was my own personal account manager. His service was great. He took me through the entire funding process. They accept all major credit cards like Visa, MasterCard and American Express. I went ahead and deposited the minimum amount which is around $350 AUD or $250 USD cause the platform works in US Dollars.

Once funded, I navigated to the “Auto-Trader” section of software, set the trade amount to the recommended $50 and enabled it. The Bitcoin Revolution software started making trades at a rapid rate and I was concerned at first but let it do its thing. I left it active for about an hour and went and watched TV. When I came back, my account balance read $1,592.37! That’s $2034.52 AUD! I had just turned $350 AUD into $2034.52 AUD in the space of an hour!

Kochie says: he’s inspired by the success so many are having with this, and hopes a renewed sense of optimism will sweep the nation as it gains momentum and more people reap the rewards of Bitcoin Trading.

TRY Bitcoin Revolution NOW

Associated Links:
Bitcoin Revolution Auto Trading Official Site

The Australian (Sydney)First published Wednesday, July 24, 2019

116,344 comments

Sort by:

Also post on Facebook

Kjetil Vandenbulcke

So guys it’s my first week on Bitcoin Revolution. I’ve got an invite at the exact system launch! So fat it works great for me. In the first 5 days my income is about $11k and slowly growing :slight_smile:

Like · Reply · 98k · [23 hrs]

Vivianne Chan·
[Sun Valley High

Thanks for you report, seems like I will try it :smiley:

Like Reply· 252 · 1 min

Chris Tang

wow sound good bro

Like· Reply· 226 · 3 min

Axel Guilloux·

None
easy money on internet finally is not a myth? :smiley:

Like Reply · 189 · 4 min

Show 10 more replies in this thread "

1 Like

Even if some of the bitcoin advertisements are real and not scams, they are about generating demand for bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. These cryptocurrency values are based on demand…the higher the demand, the higher the price, the lower the demand, the lower the price.

In reality, the only ones who are likely to benefit from persuading consumers to buy cryptocurrencies are those who have already bought a currency and waiting to get out. If the price rises, they can sell at a profit…and the more that sell the more likely the value of a currency is to collapse.

It is speculation or gambling pure and simple…one gambling if the value of a crytocurrency will increase in value to make a profit.

Add in scam traders and other traders refusing to pay out a sold currency, I would rather I placed my hard earned cash elsewhere…than to potentially lose all of it.

3 Likes