Bentley Motors Limited - Bentley Continental Supersports and Continental Supersports Convertible MY2017 Recall

A recall notice for Bentley Continental Supersports and Continental Supersports Convertible MY2017 supplied by Bentley Motors Limited as due to incorrect manufacture, the Power Assisted Steering (PAS) cooler hose may detach from the stub pipe, causing the vehicle to leak hydraulic steering fluid which could result in the loss of steering control or vehicle fire, increasing the risk of an accident or injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users.

Bentley Motors Limited - Bentley Continental Supersports and Continental Supersports Convertible MY2017

PRA No.

2019/18006

Date published

6 Dec 2019

Campaign number

RE19/27 (RB41)

Product description

Bentley Continental Supersports
Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible
Model Year 2017

24 affected vehicles

Photograph of Bentley Continental Supersports

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xls (42 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to incorrect manufacture, the Power Assisted Steering (PAS) cooler hose may detach from the stub pipe, causing the vehicle to leak hydraulic steering fluid.

What are the hazards?

A hydraulic steering fluid leak could result in the loss of steering control or vehicle fire, increasing the risk of an accident or injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Affected owners will be contacted by mail.

Consumers can contact their nearest Bentley Dealer via https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/apps/dealer-locator.html/country/AU-Aus… to arrange for their vehicle to be inspected, free of charge.

Supplier

Bentley Motors Limited

Traders who sold this product

Official Bentley Motors Retailers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 19 May 2017 - 1 November 2017

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes