Bentley Motors Limited - Bentley Bentayga V8 MY2018-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Bentley Bentayga V8 MY2018-2020 supplied by Bentley Motors Limited due to the weakness of a component in the ‘quick connector’ on the fuel supply line, fuel may leak at very high engine compartment temperatures.

Bentley Motors Limited - Bentley Bentayga V8 MY2018-2020

PRA No.

2020/18364

Date published

5 Jul 2020

Campaign number

RE20/14 (RB56)

Product description

Bentley Bentayga V8
Model Years 2018-2020

102 affected vehicles

Photograph of Bentayga V8 Model Years 2018-2019

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See atttached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (10.33 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to the weakness of a component in the ‘quick connector’ on the fuel supply line, fuel may leak at very high engine compartment temperatures.

What are the hazards?

Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may cause a fire. If this was to occur there is a risk of serious injury to vehicle occupants, other road users and property.

What should consumers do?

A letter will be sent to affected owners advising them of the recall and that parts are not expected to be available until the end of July 2020. Consumers may book their vehicles in for a free-of-charge repair after the parts are available.

Until your workshop appointment, if you smell fuel coming from your vehicle, park it safely and immediately contact your nearest official Bentley dealer by phone. If you require assistance out of business hours, phone Bentley Roadside Assistance on 1800 158 659.

For further information, consumers can also contact their local official Bentley dealer, or visit the website www.bentleymotors.com for contact details of their preferred official Bentley dealer.

Supplier

Bentley Motors Limited

Traders who sold this product

Official Bentley Motors retailers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 6 March 2018 - 18 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.