Bentley Motors - Bentley Continental GT MY2018-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Bentley Continental GT MY2018-2019 vehicles supplied by Bentley Motors Limited due to an improper manufacturing process that may damage the electrical power steering wiring harness thus causing loss of power steering and pose a fire hazard potentially increasing the risk of an accident.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/bentley-motors-limited-bentley-continental-gt-my2018-2019-0

I must get ours checked out today.

2 Likes

You would think the premium cost of these premium vehicles would ensure that manufacturing faults like this would/should never occur…Or why are users paying so much for the prestige of the vehicle if the builders/manufacturers build them with such faults.

2 Likes

Perhaps Volkswagen now produces Benteys at their Skoda manufacturing plant with the Bentley recall co-inciding with all the Skoda recalls this week.

2 Likes

:joy:

Well they say some cars never break down

2 Likes

Way back when I was in high school, a teacher told us a story regarding a grazier who lived in outback SA who had a Rolls Royce which broke down.

Rolls Royce flew a mechanic out from the UK who replaced the diff and then proceeded to tell the owner that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle and it was merely a case of the owner not driving it correctly.

It appears that it was just an urban ledgend that had fooled the teacher judging by your link.

2 Likes