Bathroom cleaner reviews

We lab test and review the latest products to help you find the best bathroom cleaner for you.

What bathroom cleaner do you prefer?

4 Likes

The top two used BACs in their formulation. I understand this was done to promote “cleanliness” ie germ free. The current information is that BACs may in fact help create multi-resistant pathogens, & it remains in soils and fluids after usage. It may be one of those products like DDT that have persistence and unwelcome effects on us and the environment.

https://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5977&context=etd

7 Likes

@BrendanMays Missing from the results are:

• the area each product would clean (I am assuming there is a difference between how much product is required to clean a certain area), and
  • value for money or at least which is the most cost effective to buy.
5 Likes

Thanks @meltam, appreciate the feedback :+1:

4 Likes

The bathroom cleaners were rated principally on removal of soap scum yet did not rate one of the most destructive of bathroom issues - calcium and other mineral build up on shower screens. There are many areas in Australia with a high mineral content in the water. Soap scum removers do not dissolve calcium and other minerals as effectively as special purpose calcium removers.

To limit soap scum build up on shower screens, use a suitable liquid soap - solid soap emulsifiers stick to glass and make it cloudy.

2 Likes

Best shower mould removal product

Welcome to the forum. Choice has reviewed bathroom cleaners here. It is Choice member material.

I moved your query into this existing topic. A few comments in prior posts might prove useful.

These other topics might also be helpful.