Australians have not embraced online grocery shopping... yet

I must add, that I do usually buy my Avocados rather firm, and place them in a brown paper bag with a banana or two, and they ripen up very quickly due to the chemicals released from the bananas… and I can then eat them when they are absolutely perfect… nice!

I have only used online Grocery Shopping when I have been unable to leave home (I am a full-time carer for my elderly Mother) or am unwell myself and can not get to the store… otherwise I prefer to do my own shopping for the family… but it certainly is nice to have online shopping available when I cannot leave home for one reason or another… and the times when Woollies or coles has messed up my order, or not supplied what was requested, they have ALWAYS given me generous free groceries, or a cash supplement to well and truly cover any errors.
I can not complain about Customer Service with either of the large Shopping Centres.

2 Likes

Here is a link I posted regarding storing avocados the other day.

So you may be able to both store avocados whilst still unripened in the fridge and also fast ripen them as you desire.

It will still be up to other factors just like the 3 Shephard avocados I bought at our local Coles the other day.

Only one was good and I returned the other 2 to Coles who refunded the purchase.

1 Like

I do my own shopping, and although I have investigated doing it online, I am hesitant because I have seen for myself the lack of care when in house shoppers are choosing (or not choosing, rather) the fruit and veg. Our Coles has dreadful quality but you can get decent stuff at times. The in house shoppers just grab whatever is there. Not for me. I go to a dedicated fruit and veg place, and am beginning to consider going back to the butcher again.

3 Likes

I just read the online catalogue for our local Supa IGA which commences tomorrow.

To my surprise, the last page is for online shopping with home delivery.

This may be of interest to some community members if their local Supa IGA also participates.

3 Likes