Australian Unity Wellplan Rewards Woolworths Card

Has anyone purchased Woolworths eGift Card through the Australian Unity Health Wellplan membership? If so, were you able to use the 10%-off offer? I’m reluctant to buy as I know that lots of people complain about the Every Day Rewards Card and how it doesn’t accumulate points properly, points not easy to redeem and customer complaints not handled well. Makes me nervous to buy any card Woolies related. Any advice appreciated.

2 Likes

I get eGift cards via the Victoria Seniors program. Never had a problem buying or using them with the caveat I only use them at Woolies and Ampol. They are a pain at Ampol because you have to enter the card number, not scan it.

I am not sure that is the case. The underlying problem is the way they post points is somewhat opaque in that it is impossible to match points with products. Since I do not shop for points and would buy anyway I am not so fussed, but it can be irritating to those who do shop for extra points offers.

Not sure what you mean. Each time 2000 points are accumulated it makes a $10 discount available. When you checkout they ask if you want to use them then or not. Could not be easier?

I also bought into the Woolies QR code payment system that is in the Rewards App. Initially hesitant but it works very well and is easy to use after the first time.

4 Likes

We have used Woollies eGift Cards in the past and have found them easy to use. They can also be used online or in store at Woolworths, Dan Murphy’s, BWS, BIG W as well as EG & participating Caltex Woolworths petrol stations

If shopping online and want to collect Everyday Rewards points, make sure you provide your card number before checkout… if it isn’t included in the purchase points won’t be accumulated.

The other option which can be selected online is to accumulate points over the year for Xmas. This means they accumulated and can be used in the weeks before Xmas. Staff also don’t keep asking everytime you have earned $10.

4 Likes

Caltex petrol stations are being progressively rebranded as Ampol stations.

As with the previous Caltex branding there were Woolworths Caltex stations, and other Caltex stations, similarly there are Woolworths Ampol stations, and other Ampol stations.

3 Likes

I have no idea about egift cards, but my rewards card seems to add points when earned. Mostly I don’t much care about those, I have a Woolies mobile service and that gets me 10% off every month (once a month). It usually covers the shipping fees for the food I buy online.

2 Likes

Various organisations enable one to buy Woolies (and other) gift cards at discounts. For example if one has a 10% discount the gift card only costs $90 for $100 face value. That is atop any spend or points one receives or other programs one might have. Most discounted gift cards are in the 3-5% range.

If one ‘surrenders’ to a single provider such as Woolies one can save lots of dollars between this and that but at the ‘risk’ of not getting the best prices each week, sometimes limited product choices, and them having virtually all of your information for their own marketing and other relationships programs.

1 Like

Thanks, Phil, I knew what egiftcards were/are. Just was not sure about whether the 10% off applied via those on Everyday rewards. I have a feeling its no.

1 Like

Buy a $2,000 (for simplicity - they do not come in that denomination) egift card at 10% off and pay $1,800 for it. Spend the $2,000 at Woolies and get 2000 points and get $10 off the next shop. In a way it is akin to compounded interest - then you can add your Woolies mobile and other Woolies products from insurance to their ‘new paid membership’ and it can all add together if one can and does pay for everything with the egift cards.

5 Likes

I have used these in the past without any problems.

You are still able to use the discounted gift cards to pay without affecting the amount of everyday rewards points. However, if you normally pay with a woolies credit card you don’t get the points associated with card usage when you pay using the gift voucher.

5 Likes

Thanks for all your comments. I will buy one in a small denomination and let you know how I go.

3 Likes