Australia Post - Flameless Candle Lights Recall

A recall notice for Flameless Candle Lights supplied by Australia Post as the button battery compartment of the ‘try me’ button in the packaging of the Nice & Nifty Flameless Candle Set and Candle Light 3pk may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible.

The button battery compartment of the products’ remotes may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible.

The products’ packaging does not contain safety warnings or markings regarding button batteries.

Australia Post - Flameless Candle Lights

PRA number

2021/19252

Published date

5 Nov 2021

Product description

Nice & Nifty Flameless Candle Set
Product Code: 52024
A set of three battery-operated candles with a remote
The remote and the product packaging’s ‘try me’ button each contain one button battery

Loft Living 3-Piece LED Candle Set
Product Code: 46458
The remote contains one button battery

Nice & Nifty Candle Light 3pk
Product Code: 59118
Available in gold or silver
The remote and the product packaging’s ‘try me’ button each contain one button battery

Photograph of Nice & Nifty Flameless Candle Set

Photograph of Loft Living 3-Piece LED Candle Set

Photograph of Nice & Nifty Candle Light 3pk

What are the defects?

The button battery compartment of the ‘try me’ button in the packaging of the Nice & Nifty Flameless Candle Set and Candle Light 3pk may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible.

The button battery compartment of the products’ remotes may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible.

The products’ packaging does not contain safety warnings or markings regarding button batteries.

What are the hazards?

If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they are likely to suffer severe internal burn injuries, which can result in serious illness or death. Button batteries also pose a choking hazard to young children.

What should consumers do?

If the product has a ‘try me’ button, consumers should ensure the product packaging is kept out of reach of children. Any consumer who has purchased the products from Australia Post or received the products as a gift should (at the consumer’s choice):

• immediately and carefully dispose of any packaging from the product, including the ‘try me’ button, or
  • return the product to an Australia Post outlet for a full refund.

For more information, consumers can contact Australia Post on 13 13 18 (Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm AEST).

Supplier

Australia Post

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

14 Dec 2019 - 28 Oct 2021

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement

Recall advertisement.pdf 122.76 KB

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.