Aus Holdco Pty Ltd t/as BLA Distribution — 18-0871 Service Valve and 18-7044 Service Valve Kits for Johnson Evinrude Outboard Marine Engines Recall

A recall notice for 18-0871 Service Valve and 18-7044 Service Valve Kits for Johnson Evinrude Outboard Marine Engines supplied by Aus Holdco Pty Ltd t/as BLA Distribution as the valve may cause a fuel leak.

Aus Holdco Pty Ltd t/as BLA Distribution — 18-0871 Service Valve and 18-7044 Service Valve Kits for Johnson Evinrude Outboard Marine Engines

PRA No.

2019/17631

Date published

19 Jul 2019

Product description

The fuel valve is a service part that is fitted to the carburettor of Johnson Evinrude branded outboard marine engines

Photograph of services valve with defect|480x260

What are the defects?

The valve may contain a hole, which may allow fuel to leak.

What are the hazards?

Leaking fuel from the carburettor may cause a fire or explosion, resulting in injury and/or property damage.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should cease using the product immediately and engines that are fitted with these products should not be used until the defective product has been replaced. Consumers should contact the retailer that supplied the product or BLA directly to arrange for the product to be replaced.

For further information, consumers can contact BLA by phoning 07 3390 0119 or 1300 252 725, emailing service@bla.com.au or visiting https://www.bla.com.au

Supplier

Aus Holdco Pty Ltd t/as BLA Distribution

Traders who sold this product

Seasport Marine Boat Dealership Kelmscott
CH Smith Marine
North Coast Boating
Boat City
Foothills Marine
Arizona Outboards
Micton Group
Cooma Auto & Marine
Slades Marine
North Coast Yamaha
QLD Outboard Wreckers
Brisbane Yamaha

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 July 2018 - 20 June 2019

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (36.71 KB)

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes

Fred - your enthusiasm is admirable.
But - we can read these recalls for ourselves on the ACCC website. We can even subscribe for the recall topics/areas that interest us.

CHOICE has stated they encourage the posting of recalls on this site and this is why they have made a specific area for Recalls. Sort of a one stop shop for anything that CHOICE supports in Consumer protection and rights.

1 Like

sorry - these were coming up when I used the website’s “show me new topics”, hence my comment.
Can a specific area for repeating ACCC recalls be corralled off from the “show me new topics”, “show me new threads”, and "Suggested Topics"functionality?

1 Like

I am not sure if it can or can’t. I think @BrendanMays advised there was a way of “hiding” it but I think that is at an Admin level. Shoot @BrendanMays a PM about it and I’m sure he will be able to give you more detailed info on it. If people come here and can get to see recalls then at least if they take action it is better than some people not seeing them and suffering adverse outcomes. If you want to avoid them they do drop off your list after a few days, or just make a conscious decision not to visit the Recall topics until a workaround is able to be made. Any that are recall ones will certainly have Recall as a section notification.