Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi Q5 (FY) MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Audi Q5 (FY) MY2020 supplied by Audi Australia Pty Ltd as due to incorrect welding, the gap on the adjusting mechanism for the backrest of the front seats may be faulty.

Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi Q5 (FY) MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18587

Date published

24 Nov 2020

Campaign number

72L1

Product description

Audi Q5 (FY)
Model Year 2020
Manufactured June and July 2020

8 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (42.18 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to incorrect welding, the gap on the adjusting mechanism for the backrest of the front seats may be faulty.

What are the hazards?

In the event of a rear collision, the backrest adjuster could break, increasing the risk of injury to vehicle occupants. In the event of a serious accident, this could result in death of a vehicle occupant.

What should consumers do?

Audi Australia Pty Ltd will contact all known owners of affected vehicles. Consumers should contact their nearest Audi dealer to arrange for inspection and repair if needed. As parts will need to be ordered for individual vehicles, a courtesy car will be available if there will be any delay.

For further information, contact the Audi Australia on 1800 50 AUDI (2834) (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm) or email customerassistance@audi-info.com.au

Supplier

Audi Australia Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.