Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi A6 (C8) and A7 (F2) MY2020 Recall

A recall notice forAudi A6 (C8) and A7 (F2) MY2020 supplief by Audi Australia Pty Ltd asdDue to a manufacturing issue with the vehicle’s dash panel, the front passenger airbag may not fully inflate in the event of an accident.

Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi A6 (C8) and A7 (F2) MY2020

PRA No.

2021/18954

Date published

9 Jun 2021

Campaign number

70I2

Product description

Audi A6 (C8) and A7 (F2)
Model Year 2020

57 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (53.04 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to a manufacturing issue with the vehicle’s dash panel, the front passenger airbag may not fully inflate in the event of an accident.

What are the hazards?

In the event of and accident resulting in the front passenger airbag being activated, the airbag may not fully inflate and/or plastic fragments may propel out through the airbag cushion towards vehicle occupants. This increases the risk of serious injury and/or death to vehicle occupants.

What should consumers do?

Audi Australia Pty Ltd is contacting all known owners of affected vehicles. Consumers should contact their nearest Audi dealer to arrange for inspection and repair.

For further information, please contact Audi Australia on 1800 50 AUDI (2834) between 8am and 6pm AEST.

Supplier

Audi Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Audi Australia dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.