Apple Bookstore Differential Pricing

Apple Bookstore.
The following is an example of how it is.

Bill Gates has/is releasing a new book

Firstly, I was pleased to be offered the version in Spanish. If ever I needed an excuse to learn a new language and save $10.

Today being 15th Feb, I’m assuming I can pay the extra for the English version and get a copy tomorrow, rather than wait till the 19th. Four days to learn Spanish might not be quite long enough.

I went looking for a review.
However the publisher seems to object to the Guardian doing so.

P.S.
The Guardian has however republished a review prepared by The Observer, which is not blocked! There are alternate reviews available on line.

I’ve not bothered looking at the US e-book pricing. I’m avoiding the disappointment of learning how much more the cost to translate the book into Australian, compared to Spanish.

Will I be making a purchase? Likely, once I learn to read and understand “A-meri-can”. Might take considerably longer than the four days I’ve set aside for Spanish. Assuming anyone can ever come to fully understand American? :wink:

3 Likes

or you could save the $10 and ‘feed’ it to Google Translate :rofl:

Irregardless ( :roll_eyes: ) Translate’s ‘English’ seems to be American. Is there another? :laughing:

4 Likes

I have a book sitting on the shelf titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. It’s almost as if a publisher has assumed that nobody in that country know the history of alchemy.