Any Chance of making the review dates easy to access

Just wondering if Choice could make their review dates more obvious. I’m trying to use the reviews to narrow down my selection and I’m guessing the reviews are outdated.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @lindsayrolle

I grabbed a snip of a random review and the date is clearly shown at the top, as should be the case with every review.

Are you asking for a table of continents with the last update dates shown? The month of last update (I believe for the previous 12 months) is included in the index for the print editions.

Choice might consider adding that to the online, but the online is often more current because of the difference in how print vs online get published (online often has more products represented, has shorter cycles, eg more updates) and the online search and contents directory makes reviews generally easy to find, and each will have its date shown.

Could you be more specific in your problem with the dates?

3 Likes

Apologies, cant do screen shots but the PC Monitor reviews are the ones I’m looking at and no dates I can find anywhere. And I’m guessing they are somewhere I cant see but I’m suggesting they should be at the top of each review. I love the reviews but when I copy and paste the monitors are mostly out of stock and superseded, making the review next to useless which I would have liked to know before reading.

5 Likes

PC monitors… is this the one? Possibly not very relevant in 2020 :frowning:

2 Likes

will try and find how to do screen shot but essentially I googled PC Monitor’s, came up with choice as an option, clicked on it (have always been a member) and went through a few pages without seeing a date. So my request / suggestion is that when you find your way to the reviewed item it has a date.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Missed it on this one. So I guess my point is that a few more dates wouldn’t go astray.

I read a lot of review sites and don’t generally need to look far to find a date and with more than one way to get to differing pages this site is noticeable for the lack of easy to find dates.

2 Likes

I understand now. The date is on the top level of the review article, but Google and search can ‘go by’ the top level review so the date gets missed. I’ll move your post into site feedback for appropriate visibility.

4 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes