Anti-ageing cream - does it work?

I am glad it works for you but I don’t have a biochemistry degree.

I also wonder whether anti-aging creams also suffer from from the wine price quality perceptions which has been proven by science…

If one spends a lot of money on such products, there is an expectation that such products will work and one may be convinced that it actually does work.

The only real way to prove that a product does work is to do double blind trials in an independent scientific assessment. Relying on the claims of celebrities and the marketing department of cosmetic companies, along with the anecdotal reports of their customers don’t prove that they work. It is unlikely that anti-aging products do work unless the claims can be supported by real independent science. Until such exists, I believe that it is better to keep ones hand in ones pocket rather than hoping that some miracle cosmetic works. The money saved could also be used to do things which one enjoys making one feel younger and less stressed.

5 Likes

Great article, this can be applied to many different areas :+1:

3 Likes

I find that the bottles of wine that are slightly more expensive than cask wine can have hidden health benefits.

There is a tendency to drink less of one than the other! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Yes Nutrimetics do offer a 30 Day money-back guarantee if you are not happy or satisfied phb.

1 Like

WonderWoman I do not think that you need a biochemistry degree to know whether a product works or not!

I think you got me wrong. I am glad the product works for you. However all the scientific facts, chemical names and jargon I no more understand what is on the literature of other anti-aging products. That’s why companies sell the “dream” anti aging products using celebrity endorsement and fancy campaigns and packaging. The beauty industry sells dreams. The fact that it costs more also makes people think it works better! Every product is mainly made with water. Mere mortals like me need to rely on genetics, good hydration, a well balanced diet and an acceptance of ageing as inevitable. Unless we are celebrities and make our money from staying young and using anti aging stuff and getting cosmetic surgery or dermal fillers, why do we have to look for the holy grail? Basic vanity and insecurities. The most beautiful thing that never ages is a genuine smile and you can that in a toothless old woman, a baby or anyone in between.

6 Likes

Providing a 30 day money back guarantee if one is not satisified, while may be a persuasive marketing ploy and that already covered by the Australian Concuner Law, is very different to guaranting the product works.

2 Likes

I do all those four things Ronnie. Have done since I was 15 years old. I agree with them all and you could add DO Not smoke.
regards Marisue

1 Like

Yes, that is a big one.

Yes I have also used Neostrata Lotion Plus 15 AHA and agree that it definitely improved my skin. It comes in a 200ml bottle, cost around $40 online and lasts for over 6 months with daily use. You can feel a tingling sensation when you apply it unlike other creams. Unfortunately I was unable to buy it for a while so I got a script from my GP for Stieva-A Cream which has 0.05% Tretinoin. I got 3 repeats, each script costs around $25 for a 25g tube and lasts a couple months - used daily. This cream also works. I can see definite improvement in photos - my skin has a more even tone and lot less lines. I’m 55 female.

2 Likes

One has to wonder, giving the ageing population, whether the ‘beauty’ industry will have to adapt to consumer demand and start recognising that beauty continues on a spectrum regardless of age.

The wonderful sport of gurning. I suspect you may have meant something more along the lines of this:

1 Like

The way to go. The whole of body approach.

Having the taunt lifted and nourished lustrous face of a pretend 30 year old does little for appeal when you are sitting doubled up in your Amarni trimmed wheel chair, or splay legged behind a gold plated walker?

If anti ageing products genuinely work, how much cost and how long each day for enough to do the whole of body rejuvenation?

Varicose veins and cellulite excepted, we are what we are. That goes for us blokes as much as anyone else.

P.S.
The one obvious exception to the smile analogy might be the crocodile. No matter how hard they try that smile says much more than pleased to see you. :flushed: