ALDI Special Buys - Quality Issues

I remember buying a pair of joggers a while ago didn’t seem to bad to wear but didn’t last to long in the sole commonly lots of footwear don’t last long.

1 Like

I used to get the Aldi special buys, kettles, fryers and other electrical goods but no more. All ended up in the bin due to breaking down due to poor quality. Never bothered to return them. Lately I bought a Pressure Washer-thought I had a bargain-used it once or twice and really good. Brought it out recently-started smoking with a small electrical shock. The warranty was good so I got a refund which is cool. (I bought a Gernie the other day and I was surprised how much better the quality was compared to the Aldi brand-chalk and cheese really). The only things that seem to be of good quality are their coffee machines. Other than that, I’m an Aldi fan.

3 Likes

Seems most footwear at any price has the same problem. My top brand shoes have the same problem after less than 12 months having been worn for only a quarter of that time. When they were made in Australia I got 3 to 4 years from the same brand.
I now buy the absolute cheapest and hope they last 6 months - some do not!

3 Likes

Do you mean the capsule machine they sell.

I would never buy any electrical items from Aldi or there special buys as to me they are rubbish.Why bother wasting your time.Buy something that is better quality and enjoy the rewards from it

4 Likes

Modify the last line to ‘last 3 months’ !! two pairs in 5 months and only being worn maybe 40 times. My Redback boots (the Tasmanian pair are now about 8 years old and still good but only get worn twice a week during winter)!

1 Like

Yes

A cogent comment.

Ha Ha!
I was replying to passerbye123 “Do you mean the capsule machine they sell.”
I replied ‘Yes’.

Thought I got it right.

Click the “Reply” button on the bottom right of a post to reply to it. If you have it right you will see the addressee named at the top of the edit box as you are typing. If you don’t see that addressee cancel the reply and try again.

2 Likes

Post in another thread about the quality of Aldi Special Buys line trimmer cord.

Only ever bought tools on Aldi Special Buys. Have a friend in Stanthorpe that buys if I need.
Have had no issues at all with the sockets. Tested for hardness as I had a Rockwell testing machine and all good. The socket sets have been well selected for contents, better than other brands. One was a combination socket set to take travelling to cut down weight, and selection of contents best seen.
Torque wrench wanted for travelling. Made in China, spring made in Japan, mid-range test was average 4% which is acceptable for torque wrench of that type. Came in good case with three sockets and extension bar.
Step drills/hole cutters - these were cheap and didn’t hold much hope. Lashed out and bought two sets, bad move, they are turned out as good as my US made Vermont. My Vermont are imperial and needed metric sizes.
Bought two small metric drill sets 1-8mm used them a fair bit as convenient in the holder they came. So far good. They are only handyman drills and if I was going to drill something in my lathe or drill press would use the better drills.
Lightweight children’s overalls are sensational. Quality, with reinforced pockets. Bought must be three years ago, still going well and much worn.