Advance Traders (Australia) Pty Ltd - Sugek CS-M3007 7-speed Cassette fitted to Norco Storm 4 and 5 Bicycles MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Sugek CS-M3007 7-speed Cassette fitted to Norco Storm 4 and 5 Bicycles MY2021 supplied by Advance Traders (Australia) Pty Ltd as the Sugek CS-M3007 7-Speed Cassette installed on certain model year 2021 Norco Storm 4 and Storm 5 bicycles may cause the chain to skip unexpectedly, under extreme pedalling loads when using the 11 tooth cog.

Advance Traders (Australia) Pty Ltd - Sugek CS-M3007 7-speed Cassette fitted to Norco Storm 4 and 5 Bicycles MY2021

PRA No.

2020/18526

Date published

17 Sep 2020

Product description

Sugek CS-M3007 7-speed cassette
Fitted to Norco Storm 4 and Storm 5 bicycles
Model Year 2021

See attached serial number list

Photograph of Sugek CS-M3007 7-Speed Cassette and Storm Bicycle

Identifying features

Other

See attached serial numbers list

Serial number list.pdf (386.97 KB)

What are the defects?

The Sugek CS-M3007 7-Speed Cassette installed on certain model year 2021 Norco Storm 4 and Storm 5 bicycles may cause the chain to skip unexpectedly, under extreme pedalling loads when using the 11 tooth cog.

What are the hazards?

If the chain skips unexpectedly when the bicycle is in use, this could cause a loss of balance or loss of control of the bike, increasing the risk of injury.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should check whether their bicycle’s model and serial number falls within the affected range and if so, immediately stop using the bicycle and contact their Norco retailer to have a replacement cassette fitted to the bicycle.

For further information, please contact Advance Traders on 1300 361 686 or visit www.advancetraders.com.au

Supplier

Advance Traders (Australia) Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

See attached Traders list

List of traders who sold this product

Traders list.xlsx

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 June 2020 - 16 September 2020

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (541.67 KB)

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.