Adjustable beds

Im.purchasing the Sealy inspire adjustable bed and wanting to know best mattress to get. Sales people and searches say different things. Cant see choice has reviewed them yet.
I want queen size, im a side sleeper so medium soft and I run hot in Queensland. Its Just for me and my staffy dog… I Want to keep mattress under $3,500 as will wait for half price specials. The base is $1,400.
If i can get a mattress around $1500 or lower ill be happy as dont plan on keeping same mattress forever.
Hybrid seems the way to go but happy to hear experiences.

1 Like

I don’t have one of these, but I have been considering it… I have their original 10" mattress and love it, even though it gets hot.

There’s a 50% off at the moment… so the hybrid is $1099. You get a 125 night trial so if you hate it, you can have it removed. You also get a 15 year warranty for sagging by which time you should likely be considering a new one anyway.

No Choice hasn’t done a review on adjustable beds unfortunately.

When we bought our beds we tried lots of different mattresses and lay on each one for a while to see how they felt. I like a very firm mattress, while my wife likes very soft, so we each had to keep trying until we could find what suited each of us.

I suggest you do the same, and go and try out lots of adjustable bed mattresses until you find the one that feels just right. Don’t be rushed off a mattress that feels like it may work, and try different sleeping positions, not just your preferred one. Remember that they often become softer with use.

Also, ask about returning the mattress if it doesn’t suit you at home. You may have to pay some amount to do a change over, but it’s better than being stuck with a mattress you are uncomfortable on.

i am new to Choice but am wondering if Choice has done an article on electric beds? Already I have a hospital grade (dismantled) electric bed that I purchased for my late mother after her Doctor suggested it would help with her care at home. but it looks very “hospital”. now i find there are many electric beds that do not look hospital but do allow the bed to be adjusted in various ways. I am NOT seeking another “hospital level” electric bed but instead one that would fit into a normal bedroom - be able to be adjusted up and down in various ways but look like a normal bed. Some of the brands will not quote a price initially. And there are now so many to choose from.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Suzie123
Choice has reviewed and offered advice on ‘Adjustable Beds’ including electric.

The article is from the main Choice website. It’s possible to search both the main Choice website and the Choice Community website using the search options (magnifier icon/symbol) in the page headers.

EG

A general tip, it may prove useful to try different search phrases to find how others describe a product category or need. On the Choice it’s adjustable beds appears to be commonly used to cover both powered and non powered versions.

1 Like