A Warning Regarding Ethanol Burners

A Perth woman wants to warn others regarding the dangers of ethanol burners after she and her daughter were badly burned by one.

1 Like

With almost invisible flames and unseen vapours they are just dangerous and this is why a ban was put in place regarding their sale after many accidents with these types of burners. Any naked flame that is not safely contained is dangerous and thankfully the family survived the experience.

Anyone who has similar burners should stop using them and return them to where they purchased them or dispose of them properly.


I was not aware that there had been a recall of ethanol burners but Product Safety Australia lists 9 recalls.

I will also post it under Recalls.