Will Australia Post's Shipster delivery service save you money?

The current deal is for postage fees not above $20 and membership will cost $9.95 for that trial period but in January 2018 the cost of membership of the service will be a monthly one. The Choice article also incorrectly refers that postage above $20 will be excluded from Jan 2018 but the AusPost site clearly states that the postage cost must be $20 or lower even during the trial. See the snip from their site

The postage is free, where the cost of postage does not exceed $20 and $25 or more is spent on goods in the online store you use. But as noted above, membership of the service is a cost and in the next 3 ish months (Oct, Nov & Dec) the membership cost is $9.95 total (equiv to about $3.40 per month). After Dec 2017 the cost of membership goes up to $6.95 per month.

I would refer you to a post of mine in another topic which has a news article link and a link to the Shipster online page, that may help describe the service more clearly for you.

So to your concerns about Choice’s article I can see where some confusion may occur.

During the trial they are very strict on the areas they will deliver to, I don’t know when or how much they will be relaxed after the trial. But I am one suburb out of the delivery zone currently and thus this trial is of absolutely no benefit to me, nor does it currently cover our other Capital cities Canberra, Darwin, Perth, Adelaide & Hobart.

They have now added Adelaide to the offer, and there is now a free 2 month trial of Shipster. Oh forgot they also give a $10 credit to Aussie Farmer Direct orders over $25 and this applies to one order per Calendar month.

"1. Following the 2 month trial offer, you will be automatically charged $6.95 per month until you cancel your Shipster subscription. Note your credit card will be charged $1 as a pre-authorisation transaction. The $1 will be reversed within 5 business days.

…//…

4. $10 Aussie Farmers Direct credit is applied to account automatically once an initial $25 order has been delivered. Limited to one $10 credit per Subscriber per calendar month."

5 Likes