What do you look for in a smartphone?

Two comments, one being Oppo remains beyond Choice radar although it is featured at JBHifi, Good Guys, Officeworks, and others and is regularly well reviewed by the techie media.

The other is regarding the questionable and so far unproven accusations against Huawei and ZTE. I found nothing relevant searching Choice, although Huawei was the subject of a worry in another forum thread, and BestBuy in the USA has now stopped selling them, probably under direct or indirect US governmental duress. I suggest at least a comment is warranted for the most paranoid and those engaging in secretive communications. (some satire implied but one never knows for sure when business espionage is a problem. Of course the US, EU, and Japanese branded phones are truly secure, really they are. They must be. Right. Maybe?)

On balance it seems no reviews ‘go there’ but the market is being pushed around and buying a product that could be marginalised through no fault of its own might be a personal disservice unless done so with eyes wide open.

However, if Choice chooses to stay focused on product performance and join the others in avoiding the issue I fully understand. From my perspective Huawei and ZTE are just ones of many, all the same. regarding security.

4 Likes